Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sol en Julio


  • This has been a favourite reggae internet radio station for quite a few years now.  If you enjoy Bob Marley, do check it out.
  • This Sunday past, being Canada day, was a prime opportunity to spend some time with friends we haven't seen in awhile.  Mojitos were made by M using fresh garden mint.  Muy rico!
  • Dragon boating has become an addiction for both M and myself.  Not a bad thing as we are getting in shape and enjoying the camaraderie.  Is it tough?  You bet...my left arm is like Popeye's and my right is just normal.  I'll have to even that out in the gym.
  • The annual parish picnic is fast approaching in early August but first, the annual Colombian party  on July 28th.  I'll only say that it's a helluva party!  Latinos know how to have fun.
  • Getting a dog..not sure what kind but we're going through the Ottawa Humane Society so it depends what they have for adoption.  A new family addition is welcome.

3 comments:

  1. oh man! so much goodness all at once!

    two parties back to back and a dog on the way. wow.

    I've been interested in dragon boating, but have chronically weak wrists. seriously, you should see my arms. spindly. awful. but what I lack in strength I make up for in endurance. :)

    have a mojito for me! sigh. someday we'll have to move out east, and come for mojitos with you and M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, I've had that reggae station on for about half an hour now.

    I always forget (until the summer) how much I love reggae, esp. bob marley. danke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd do fine at dragon boating. M has little spaghetti forearms and she's just a little wisp of a thing. In the meantime, you can dragon boat vicariously through us ;)

    I discovered that radio station accidentally about 6 years ago and I've kept it in the playlist ever since. I love finding cool stuff by accident!

    ReplyDelete